My aloof and irresponsible year of awesomeness.

Hi, I am a bum. I am travelling. Live vicariously through my adventures. Become inspired, quit your job and go someplace cool!

Sunday, January 14, 2007

The hunt for hot sauce...

If there is one thing that I really dislike about Europe is its lack of acessibility to Hot Sauce and spicy food. You really can't find it anywhere. The locals just don't care for it or something. (with the exception of the hot paperika in Budapest, which wasn't even that hot, but it at least had a little kick)

For instance, I once asked for salsa piccante/caliente on my kebap in Spain, and the kepab dudes snickered at me and gave me the "are you sure you can handle it girly" look. It was not hot at all.

So...after 2 1/2 months of craving (like a pregnant woman craving) Mexican food (Taco Bell, tacos, enchiladas, burritos...etc), tonight on some back alley street in Prague, I found a decent mexican joint, had an ok (but right now, it was probably the best I've ever eaten) burrito and I feel whole again.

The bartender who took my take-away order even gave me the remainder (about 1/4 left) of a bottle of that generic mexican chili sauce with the wooden cap that all mexican restaurants seem to have, he threw that into my to go container for free.

Needless to say...I finished the bottle and could have used more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home