My aloof and irresponsible year of awesomeness.

Hi, I am a bum. I am travelling. Live vicariously through my adventures. Become inspired, quit your job and go someplace cool!

Friday, October 20, 2006

Lessons learned from Dublin



Note to self. Pubs are dangerous. Drinking 9+ pints of Guinness in one day and only 500ml (that's 1/2 litre)... only 1/2 litre of water to accompany those pints is NOT a good idea. The moral here, drink water in proportion to beer. I know better than this. Frankly I'm disapointed in myself, I feel like that 15 year old who got drunk for the first time and swears they are never drinking again. I give my beer boycott a few hours at most.

When drunk in Ireland, while talking to Irish people, I totally picked up an irish accent, and some fantastic Irish slang (and I really wish I could remember some of it) it will probably come to me when I stop being hungover. Moral of the story, pints of Guinness help you blend in with the locals, in fantastic local pubs. It think it is kind of like I am better at speaking spanish and italian when under the influence also, which I think I was speaking spanish last night for some reason. hmm...

Make sure you raise your hand really quickly to volunteer to participate in the Taste comparison at the Jameson Distillery tour. You will not be disapointed. You get a shot of Jameson, a shot of Paddy's Whiskey, a shot of Powers Gold 500 Whiskey (both of which are popular in the land of Eire) and then to compare, a shot of Johnny Walker Red, and a shot of Jack Daniels. Once you finish those you then get a glass of Jameson in the tasting room. I volunteered for this, along with a British girl, a Canadian guy and a British guy. Irish Whiskey is by far the best. They certianly know how to make tasty booze here. Also, a real Irish Coffee= phoenomenal! Moral of the story, I went toe to toe with 2 brits and a canadian throwing back whiskey and survived, my liver and kidneys hate Dublin.
Moral of the story no. 2: its the real pure cream that makes it good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home